DATE: March 15, 2020
RE: COVID-19 Prevention
Dear North Border Families:
In an effort to keep all families and members of the school community up to date we are providing this update to you.
As of Sunday, March 15 school is still on as planned for the foreseeable future. This is a fluid situation and we rely on guidance from the Governor and DPI. To keep our students safe and healthy, we are engaging the following prevention measures.
- Cleaning of surfaces will be increased in frequency, including classroom and bathroom facilities. Busses will also see additional cleaning of seats and hand rails, etc.
- We will review good hygiene with our students, including monitoring good handwashing techniques.
- The buildings will be closed to the general public and the school community after hours. There will be no open gym, weight room, etc.
- We are asking that parents wait outside to pick up their children at the end of the school day.
- Additional seating will be utilized in the lunchroom to minimize close contact.
- At this time, the play and girls basketball banquets are still on. That is subject to change at any time.
- We ask that if your child is sick with a fever of 99.5 or above that they stay home until they are fever free without medication for 24 hours. If in doubt, keep them home.
- We are suspending any perfect attendance awards going forward based on guidance from the CDC as a best practice for schools.
To stay up to date, we are launching a North Border School District Facebook page immediately. Relevant updates will be shared via social media, the app, the web, and notes home. If families do not have access to these electronic devices, please contact the school.
North Border School Administrative Team